Home Remedies For Irritable Bowel Syndrome
IBS is a short form of irritable bowl syndrome. Due to the irritable bowel syndrome the affected person has to suffer lot of discomfort and pain. The common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome are stomachache, constipation, irregular bowel movements, diarrhea, bloating and cramping. This is a temporary condition and there is no risk of causing damage to intestine due to IBS. This condition can be easily cured at home as there are several home remedies for irritable bowel syndrome. Irritable bowel syndrome is more commonly seen in women than men. During monthly periods females mostly get irritable bowel syndrome.
Home remedies for Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
- Ginger: Cut some ginger into slices and pour some limejuice over it. Have these slices of ginger after every meal. This will give relief form the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome It will also regulate the digestion process and help the intestine to digest the food fast. Make use of ginger liberally while cooking your food.
- Asafetida: Asafetida is very effective in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome. In one glass of lukewarm water add pinch of asafetida, pinch of rock slat and half teaspoon of dry ginger powder. Drinking this will give instant relief from the gases trouble.
- Dill Oil: After every meal, you can take one teaspoon of honey with adding two drops of dill oil in it. This will help in digestion of the food and thus prevent from getting irritable bowel syndrome.
- Water: For a good health, it is must to drink about eight glasses of water. In case you are troubled with constipation, then increase your water intake. This will help in curing the constipation problem. Water is also effective in reducing the irritability of the intestine.
- Pepper and Cardamom Seeds: Take dry ginger, green cardamom seeds and pepper and grind them together. Put this powder in one glass of water and drink it after every meal. This is one of the very effective irritable bowel syndrome irritable bowel syndrome.
- Diet: Diet plays an important role and hence take care that your diet is simple without any spicy and oily stuff in it. The food that you will eat should be rich in fiber. Fiber rich food will make the bowel movements smooth and will also put less pressure on intestine by getting digested fast.
- Drinks to avoid: it goes without saying that you will have to avoid drinking tea, coffee and alcohol. As all these drinks will increase the irritability of the intestine and thus will add to the irritable bowel syndrome.
- Healthy Eating: Healthy eating means having five to six small meals instead of two or three large meals. Eat at least two hours before you go to bed for sleeping. Fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts should be part of your daily diet.
- Avoid Non-vegetarian Food: This can be really hard for true lovers of non-vegetarian food but you will have to do it. By doing so you will be able to get fast cure form irritable bowel syndrome.
- Brandy: Add two teaspoon of brandy in one glass of luke warm water and drink it just before going to bed. This will give the relief from the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.