Home Remedies For Leg Cramp
Leg cramps is not a new word to us. Leg cramps can happen to anyone and they are extremely painful. Most of the times elderly people get leg cramps but that don't mean youngsters will not get it. Leg cramps can occur in the hamstring, quadriceps and in the calf muscles. It takes time to heal but the time is different for different people. Due to leg cramps the patients gets leg pain and finds it difficult to move his or her leg.
You can try our various home remedies for leg cramp till the time the medical help arrives. Or you think you don’t need medical help then the home remedies will help you in reducing the pain.
Home remedies for Leg Cramp:
- Due to pain, you will find it difficult to move your leg but try to stretch your leg as much as you can or else afterwards it will become difficult.
- Massage gently over the cramped muscle in the direction of the muscle, this will also help in reducing the pain caused by leg cramps.
- Put one towel in cold water and keep this wet towel over the cramped muscle. This will relax the tensed muscle. Also having bath with warm water is also very effective in reducing the pain. Try to take someone's help in case you find it difficult to do it all by yourself.
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself well hydrated. Try to eat such food items that are rich source of potassium and calcium. If your body remains dehydrated for long time then it leads to leg cramps. Hence is you will regularly drink lots of water, then your chances of getting leg cramp will automatically reduce.
- Many times while performing some exercises you can get leg cramps. Hence don’t try to do your exercises too fast or try to do too many exercises in one session. If you are new to exercising, then perform exercises under somebody's guidance. Drink water during exercising to keep yourself hydrated. Also drinking water after finishing your exercises will prevent you from getting leg cramps.
- For about two weeks start your morning by drinking one cup of red raspberry leaf tea and end your day also with the same tea. This is very effective among all the other home remedies for leg cramp.
- Your diet should include food that provides magnesium to your body. Magnesium is very effective in reducing the chances of getting leg cramps.
- Drinking chamomile tea will also reduce the muscle pain caused by the leg cramps.
- Many times it happens that we get leg cramps in the nighttime. To avoid it have bath with warm water before going to bed. In case you already have got leg cramps, then make sure that before sleeping you pour some warm water on your leg, as this will release the tensed muscles.
- Bananas are rich source of potassium. Hence eat one banana after very meal. Try to eat at least two bananas a day. This will cure the leg cramps fast.