Home Remedies For Malaria
Malaria is caused when a female Anopheles mosquito bites a person. This mosquito carries malarial parasites, which then get inside the body of the person and multiplies and spread all over the body. This disease generally happens to those who stay in unhealthy surroundings and that too mainly to those who have weaker immune system. High fever, chills, headache and shivering are the common symptoms of malaria. There are some very effective home remedies for malaria.
Home remedies for Malaria:
- In malaria fever is natural and hence applying cold packs on the forehead will be really helpful in bringing the fever down.
- If you are not feeling like eating anything then you can drink orange juice all throughout the day. Drinking plenty of water will also keep you well hydrated. Actually taking orange juice and water diet for first three days when you get malaria will be really effective to cure malaria.
- Take one glass of water in a vessel and add honey, pepper powder and cinnamon powder to it. Boil this water for some time and then allow it to cool down. Drinking this concoction is highly beneficial in malaria. This is one of the very effective home remedies for malaria.
- Alum is also effective in the treatment of malaria. Roast alum and powder it. Taking one teaspoon of this powder will help in reducing the fever and thus cure you fast.
- Take 60 ml water and add juice of one lemon and about three grams of lime to it. Taking this mixture daily from the time the fever starts will help you cure fast.
- Holy basil leaves can be either chewed as it is or had in the form of a decoction, as it is very effective in the treatment of malaria.
- Stay away from junk food and completely prefer home cooked hot food.
- Make a decoction by boiling one glass of water, ginger and three teaspoon raisins. Boil this solution till the time water reduces to half. Allow it to cool down and then have it once in a day.
- Eat lots of grapes during malaria, as it helps in reducing the symptoms of malaria. You can also drink grapefruit juice daily for the first three days of getting malaria.
- Add cinnamon powder in about one glass of water. Also add pepper and honey to this solution and allow it to boil for some time. This is very effective remedy for treating malaria.
- Dhatura, which is an Indian Ayurvedic herb, is also really helpful in curing malaria. The leaves of Dhatura should be mixed with jaggery and then consumed at least once in a day.
- Fenugreek seeds are very effective in boosting the immune system and hence include fenugreek seeds in your daily diet.
- It is better to prevent malaria from occurring. For this keep your surrounding clean and make sure that there is no dirty water accumulated anywhere near your house. In case you need to travel to tropical area wear full pant and full sleeves shirt. You can also apply an ointment so that mosquitoes wont bite you.