Home Remedies For Measles
Measles is quite a sever condition and it happens mostly to kids. Today there are vaccines for measles and hence there are fewer cases of kids having measles. But earlier there were more cases of measles. It is must for every parent to give vaccines for measles and the name of the vaccine is MMR. It is highly contagious condition and can spread from one kid to other very easily. Once your kid gets measles then there is no cure for it. But there are certain home remedies for measles that can make your kid feel better.
During measles the patient will have very high fever, runny nose, red eyes, cough, body ache and loss of appetite for first two to three days. From second day onwards the body of the patient gets several gray and whit bumps surrounded by red rings. These bumps arise in mouth and are painless. From next day onwards these red spots start appearing on face and neck.
Home remedies for Measles:
- Mix bitter gourd leaves with honey and half teaspoon powder of dry turmeric roots. Have this mixture at least once in a day, as it will cure the measles.
- Drinking one glass of water with few drops of lemon juice in it is also highly beneficial in measles. You can drink this lemon water throughout the day. This is one of the very effective home remedies for measles.
- On a daily basis, drink about two glasses of orange juice. This will also give the energy and will cure measles fast.
- Add neem leaves in your bath water and have bath with this lukewarm water. This will give fast relief from the itching. This is one of the very effective home remedies for measles.
- Make a mixture with turmeric and tamarind seeds and have it three times a day. About 400 grams of this mixture is enough at one time.
- Drink lots of fluids to keep your body well hydrated. Bed rest is also needed. It is better if you will sleep on your bed and keep the bedroom lights off. If possible it is better to make dark, as this will not hurt your eyes. Stay away from others, as they might also get this highly contagious disease.
- Your diet should be balanced with vegetables and fruits but avoid drinking milk and eating milk products. Stay away from eating spicy and junk food.
- Eggplant seeds are also highly effective in curing measles. Take about one teaspoon of these seeds three times a day.
- To cure the lack of appetite, you should drink orange juice or lemon juice frequently all throughout the day.
- For first two days, have only liquid diet and from the third day onward start eating well balanced diet with major part consisting of vegetables and fruits.
- It is also very useful if you will sleep on neem leaves. Neem leaves have medicinal property and really beneficial in reducing the itching of the white and grey bumps. Collect fresh neem leaves and place them on your bed and if possible in your entire bedroom.