Home Remedies For Migraine
Migraine in simple words is severe headache and it occurs on one side of the head. Migraine happens due to sight disorders, liver disorders and digestion disorders. Migraine also occurs due to mental stress and tension. Due to prolonged stress or due to overworked muscles of head and neck migraine can occur suddenly too. Due to the strained muscles the blood flow becomes less but when the muscles relax the flow of blood again increases, this leads to immense pain in the head, which we all know as migraine. But the pain can be reduced with the help of various home remedies for migraine.
Home remedies for migraine:
- Cabbage leaf is very effective in the treatment of migraine. Collect some fresh cabbage leaves in one cloth and keep this cloth over the forehead till the times the leaves are fresh. After some time again replace the dry leaves with fresh leaves and repeat the above procedure.
- Grate the skin of lemon and crush it well. Apply this crushed lemon crust over the forehead and keep for some time. This will reduce the pain and make you feel comfortable.
- Drink the mixture of 200 ml of spinach juice and 300 ml of carrot juice; this will give relief form the migraine.
- Also drinking the mixture of 100 ml of beet juice and 100 ml of cucumber juice is very effective in the treatment of migraine.
- Wash fresh grapes and then grind them in mixture without adding water. Drinking this grapes juice without adding any water is also one of the very effective home remedies for migraine.
- Including green vegetable, tomatoes, nuts, whole wheat, yeast, liver, fish and sunflower seeds in your diet will prevent migraine from occurring, as these things are rich source of niacin. Niacin is very effective in relieving the pain caused during migraine.
- Stay away form food items like cakes, pastries, oily food, white flour products, sugar, preserved foods, pickles and sauces.
- Going on fruit diet for three days is also effective; as it will remove the toxins form the body.
- Milk, honey, yogurt, buttermilk, grains, seeds and vegetable oils are all good for your body. These things should be more in your diet.
- Drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated throughout the day. Dehydration is main cause behind having headaches of any kind.
- Divide your meal and have four to five small meals instead of two or three big meals. This way your digestive system will remain well in function and you will not have any digestive disorders.
- Applying the primrose oil in your head and on your forehead is also one of the very effective methods of getting relief in migraine.
- Garlic is very effective in the cure of migraine. Include plenty of garlic while preparing your food.
- Include food times that are rich source of vitamin C, as this will boost your immune system and thus prevent migraines from occurring.
- If you are getting migraine attacks more than often, then it is better to consult your doctor and take their opinion too.