Home Remedies For Mumps
Mumps is very common condition in children of the age group from age 2 to 12. This is nothing but the infection of the salivary glands. This is highly contagious and can spread easily from infected person to healthy person through the coughs and sneezes of the infected person. It can happen to those adults also who have not got the vaccination for mumps. Mumps are not serious but they are highly uncomfortable. Within two weeks the symptoms of mumps will disappear. There are various home remedies for mumps.
The symptom of mumps in young boys is inflamed testes while in girls the symptoms of mumps are pain in the lower abdomen. There are not many cases of mumps now, due to proper vaccines available. If anyone gets mumps once he or she will never get it again though.
There are other symptoms of mumps too. Loss of appetite, fatigue, earache, headache, fever, nausea and vomiting are some of the other symptoms of mumps. Mumps can be easily avoided by giving MMR vaccine to your child at the age of 12 months to 18 months. Also between the ages of four to six one more booster should also be given to the kids. It is also advisable not to allow your kid to mix with other kids, in case he or she gets mumps. It is better to take leave from school for about 2 weeks.
Home remedies for Mumps:
- Get some leaves of peepal tree and wash them with water then smear the leaves with clarified butter and then warm the leaves over fire. Put these peepal leaves over the inflamed part and tie with bandage. This is very effective in reducing the swelling as well as give relief from the inflammation.
- Take one leaf of Indian Aloe and wash it properly. Pee this leaf from one side and then make it warm. After this put some turmeric powder over this leaf and also put some extract of Indian barbery. Then keep this leaf over the inflamed body part and put a bandage over it.
- Ground together the seeds of asparagus and fenugreek by adding some water in it. Applying this paste over the swelling is one of the very effective home remedies for mumps.
- Make thick paste from the chebulic myroblan herb by adding some water in it. Applying this on the swelling will reduce the swelling and also give relief from the inflammation.
- Make paste from margosa leaves and add some turmeric into it. Applying this paste over the affected part will give relief from mumps.
- Dry ginger powder is also effective cure for mumps. Applying the paste made form this powder is very effective in the treatment of mumps.
- Drinking diluted orange juice for first few days after getting mumps is very helful in giving fast recovery from mumps. For this prepare the orange juice and add equal amount of water into it. Same way having lemon juice, apple juice, grapes juice, pineapple juice or drinking any vegetable juice is very good treatment for mumps.