Home Remedies For Muscle Strain
Muscle strain is really painful and it can happen to anyone irrespective of age and gender. Any injury to elbows, knees, wrists, ankle leads to muscle sprains. The muscles get swelling and it causes pain. It can also happen due to inflammation of muscles. Many times the pain in the muscles can happen due to broken bones. In this case only a physician can provide cure for it. But the other types of muscle sprains can be easily cured with home remedies. There are several home remedies for muscle sprain.
Home remedies for Muscle Sprain:
- Apply ice cubes over the paining muscles, as this will make the muscle numb and give relief from pain. Place some ice cubes in one cloth and tie the cloth. Apply this cloth over the affected body muscle and get relief form the swelling and the pain.
- If you think that rather than taking this cold treatment heat treatment will be much better for getting relief then you can apply hot water over the paining muscle. Add some Epsom salt into water and boil the water so as to make it enough hot. After the water is enough hot to touch, soak the affected muscle part of your body in this water and keep it there for ten to fifteen minutes. After this wipe the muscles with towel and put bandage over it.
- The healing of the muscle sprain will take different time for different people. Hence don’t get disheartened in case you are not getting any relief. Give proper rest to the muscles that are paining. Change your schedule for some time in consideration with your muscle sprain.
- Try not to put any weight on the paining muscle, as this will cause further damage to the muscles. You will need to take care of your aching body and it is better to take leave from your work for few days.
- It is better to wrap the affected area with bandage or else the swelling will increase. If you will tie the paining muscle then the swelling wont be much.
- Try to stretch the aching muscle so that the blood circulation will be proper in the affected area.
- You food should be rich source of calcium and potassium, as these two are needed for having strong bones, joints and muscles.
- Applying clove oil over the affected muscles will also relieve the pain and help in speedy recovery. Make the clove oil hot and then allow it to cool down for some time and then apply it over the paining muscles.
- Applying garlic oil over the inflammatory muscles will give relief form the inflammation, as garlic has anti-inflammatory properties. Garlic oil is also an important remedy for treating arthritis and rheumatism.
- Applying sesame oil over the spraining muscle is also one of the very effective home remedies for muscle strain. Add one teaspoon of pepper powder in sesame oil and heat the oil for some time and apply it on the affected part.