Home Remedies For Pneumonia
The inflammation of the lungs is known as pneumonia. It is a serious condition and it can create more problems if not treated in time. This condition can damage both the lungs, which is known as double pneumonia in medical terms. The pneumonia begins with cold in head and throat and then cough, chills and fever follows. The patient finds it difficult to breath and gets sharp chest pains too. The heartbeats increase along with the rise in temperature. Various germs like pneumococcus, staphylococcus, etc cause this condition.
There are home remedies for pneumonia and many people have got benefit from these remedies. These remedies are simple and can be easily tried out at home without any risk involved. There are no side effects of these remedies. But in case you are not getting relief from these remedies you should visit your doctor.
Home remedies for Pneumonia:
- Fenugreek Seeds: During the early stage of pneumonia, you can have tea prepared from fenugreek seeds. This will make you perspire a lot, thus remove the toxins out of your body and make you feel better. This will also reduce the temperature of the body. You can safely take four cups of fenugreek tea without having any problems. If you feel better then you can reduce taking the number of times you will take this tea. But you will need to fast and not eat anything else. This is needed to remove all the toxins from the body. You can add limejuice in the tea to make it taste better.
- Sesame Seeds: Add about 15 grams of sesame seeds in 250 ml water and soak it for few hours. After some time add one tablespoon of linseed and pinch of salt and one teaspoon of honey to it. Taking this will make your breathing proper by reducing the phlegm.
- Garlic: Garlic is very effective in bringing the temperature down. This will also improve your breathing and make your heart beats proper. You can also apply a paste of garlic on the chest. This is one of the very effective home remedies for pneumonia .
- Vegetable Juices: Carrot juice, spinach juice, beetroot juice and cucumber juice al of these juices are very effective in the treatment of pneumonia. You can mix 300 ml of carrot juice to 100 ml of beet juice and 100 ml of cucumber juice and drink it. You can also add 200 ml of spinach juice in 300 ml of carrots juice and drink it. All these juices are effective cure for pneumonia.
- Turpentine Oil: You can rub turpentine oil over the chest and rib cages and then cover the chest with warm clothes. This will be very effective treatment for cold and shivers.
- Fruits and vegetables: For first five days you should take only liquids like fruit juices and vegetable juices by diluting them with warm water. Drinking this every three hours will give relief from the symptoms of pneumonia.
- Diet: After completing the liquid fast, you can resume eating your regular food. But there is no replacement for fresh fruits and green vegetables and hence continue eating them.