Home Remedies For Premenstrual Syndrome
A menstruation is a monthly affair for all the women all over the world. But about eight percent of the women experience mild or severe pains when their menses starts. And some of them have pains that last till the menses last. As women have to work both outside the house and inside the house, it is highly impossible to take break from the work and take rest during those five to six days. Hence it is better to treat these premenstrual syndromes that make life of women upside down. There are many home remedies for premenstrual syndrome. These remedies will reduce the symptoms of this condition and thus help you in doing your regular work without getting affected in those days.
Some of the common premenstrual syndromes are mood swings, headaches, depression, anger without reason, sweating, getting worried, bloating, weakness, stomachaches, joint pains and body pains.
Home remedies for Premenstrual Syndrome:
- As your menses are coming closure, start preparing for menses from a week earlier to it. You will need to avoid eating certain kinds of food to have comfortable menstruations. Reduce your intake of sugar and salt. There is no need to eat those chocolates no matter how good they make you feel.
- If you are getting stomach cramps, then make a towel wet with hot water and tie it to your stomach. This heating technique will give fast relief from the cramps. You can also use heating pad instead of wet towel.
- Eat oatmeal for breakfast as it releases sugar in the body but with a constant slow rate unlike sweets and chocolates.
- The main reason behind getting cramps is the deficiency of magnesium and to deal with it you will need to eat those food items, which are rich source of magnesium. Cereals, vegetables and potatoes are rich in magnesium, so include them in your diet.
- Increase your intake of such food items, which are rich in potassium. Banana is rich source of potassium and hence you can eat bananas to keep the menstruations pain away. Tomatoes, potatoes, broccoli, figs and onions are also rich in potassium. This is one of the very effective home remedies for premenstrual syndrome.
- Drinking plenty of water will also be beneficial in dealing with the premenstrual syndrome. This will also make the blood flow thin, thus reduce the pain that you used to have during menses.
- Having a hot water bath during menses will make you feel good. Hence next time you feel all tired during menses, have hot water bath and see the way it refreshes you.
- To reduce the cramps during premenstrual syndrome, you can also have a sip of red wine. To make you feel better, you can also have a cup of tea by adding some limejuice and one teaspoon of whiskey in it.
- Chamomile tea is also effective in reducing the premenstrual syndrome symptoms and also helps you feel good. This will give relief from headache and stomachaches and make your mood better too.