Home Remedies For Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a kind of skin disease in which the person suffering from it gets red patches of thick skin and silver border over their body. The patches of psoriasis mainly arise on body parts like elbows, trunk, knees and scalp. In many patients even genital areas and underarms gets such patches. The person suffering from psoriasis also gets itching and pain in these patches. There are various medicines available for the treatment of psoriasis but none give complete relief from the patches. There are home remedies for psoriasis that give complete relief from the itching and the scaling of the skin.
Home remedies for Psoriasis:
- To get fast relief from the itching and the pain caused by psoriasis, have bath with Epsom salt. For this add about half a cup Epsom salt in bathtub filled with warm water and soak your body in it.
- Bitter gourd juice is also effective in treating psoriasis. For six months have bitter gourd juice with one teaspoon of limejuice added into it every time. You must have this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to see the desired result.
- Having bath in seawater is also effective cure for psoriasis. Apply some seawater over the patches to get relief from the itching and the pain.
- Vitamin D is very good for your body. The best source of vitamin D is early morning sunrays. Hence early morning sit in such pace where lots of sunrays will fall on your body.
- Take some fresh cabbage leaves and wash them with cold water. Remove the thick veins form the cabbage leaves and then apply them over the affected skin part. This is one of the very effective home remedies for psoriasis.
- Aloe Vera gel should be applied over the patches, as it gives relief form the itching of the patches.
- Vitamin E is also very effective in preventing psoriasis form occurring. Hence include such food items in your menu that are rich source of vitamin E.
- Apply mudpacks over the affected parts of the body is also effective way to cure the patches.
- Applying oil of cashew nuts is also effective in the treatment of psoriasis.
- Apply garlic oil over the patches to get relief from the itching and pain.
- Take on cup of olive oil and add two drops of calendula oil in it. Also add one drop of oregano oil. And massage your body with this oil mixture. Mainly those parts of the skin that has patches of psoriasis.
- Add one teaspoon of wheat germ oil and one teaspoon of castor oil in one cup of sunflower oil. This mixture can be used as lotion for your body and applied twice in a day.
- Marigold is also very effective in the treatment of psoriasis. Take about four marigold heads and boil them in four cups of water. Allow it to cool and then apply it over the affected body parts. This is very safe to apply on the scalp also, as it causes no damage to hair.