Home Remedies For Sinusitis
Sinusitis is a result of inflammation of the sinus passage and also due to the excess secretion of mucus in the throat and nose line. The symptoms of sinusitis are fever, cold, cough, headaches, blockage in one or both the nostrils, runny nose, sneezing, and pain in the area below the eyes, face and forehead. It can happen to anyone and usually gets cured in about four to five days. There are various medicines available for treating sinusitis. There are also various home remedies for sinusitis. Following are the home remedies, which are equally effective.
Home remedies for Sinusitis:
- Mangoes are very effective in the treatment and prevention of sinusitis. Hence in the season of mango, eat lots of mangoes. Mangoes are rich source of vitamin A, which is very effective in preventing the common infections from occurring.
- Tea prepared form fenugreek seeds is also one of the very effective home remedies for sinusitis. Put one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in about two cups of water and boil it till the time half of the water evaporates. Drink this tea when it becomes cool. This will make you perspire and thus all the toxins will be thrown out of your body. You can also drink tea made from fenugreek seeds on a daily basis, as this will keep the infection of sinusitis away.
- Garlic and onion are also effective in the treatment of sinusitis. You should use these two liberally while cooking your meals. But in case you have never used garlic and onion while cooking food, then start by putting less quantity of these two things and then slowly increase.
- One of the very effective treatments for sinusitis involves cumin seeds. Take a thin cotton cloth and tie about one teaspoon of cumin seeds. Keep this cloth with you and keep on inhaling it. This is very effective in opening the blocked nose.
- Drinking warm vegetable juices is also one of the best cures for sinusitis.
- Drinking carrot juice is also useful in the treatment of sinusitis. You can also mix other juices in carrot juice and have it. You can combine carrot juice with spinach juice, beet juice, and cucumber juice.
- Your diet should be rich in vitamin A and vitamin C. Whole milk, yogurt, pumpkin, curds, egg yolk, carrots, papaya and mangoes all are very effective in the treatment of sinusitis.
- For first two days of getting sinusitis, it is better to have only liquids. You can start eating solid food from the third day onwards. You should keep yourself well hydrated by drinking lots of water and fresh fruit juices.
- Vegetables and fruits should be more in your diet. Avoid eating outside food and try to maintain hygiene by keeping your surrounding clean. Many times the sinusitis is caused due to the allergy to dust and dirt.
- Avoid white sugar; cakes, pies, rice, white floor and candies when you have got sinusitis, as eating these things will make the condition worse.