Home Remedies For Snoring
While sleeping, if there is any blocked air movement is there while breathing then the breathing takes place with loud noises. These loud breathing noises are called as snoring. The improper flow of air is responsible for making the person snore. The number of people who snore is very high. Snoring can happen to anyone and at any age. Snoring can be problematic for the person who shares the bed with the affected person. But the person who snores is many times unaware about his or her problem.
Snoring is harmless but it is annoying to your partner and hence you must treat it. If you will neglect the snoring problem then the lack of oxygen supply in the night can harm vital organs of your body like heart, brain, kidney, etc. There are simple and effective home remedies for snoring. These remedies are really helpful in the controlling excessive snoring.
Home remedies for Snoring:
- Either sleep sideways or sleep on your stomach, as it is found out that those who sleep on their back snore more. So just changing the way you sleep might be helpful in reducing the snoring.
- Your mattress should be flat and firm, as this will provide proper support to the neck. Hence there will be no blocked movement of the air. This is very effective remedy to prevent snoring from occurring.
- Arrange your bed in such a way that your head will be up and other body will be low. For this purpose you can take extra pillow below your head. This is one of the very effective home remedies for snoring.
- If taking extra pillows is not comfortable for you, then you can sleep without taking any pillows. For many people sleeping without taking any pillows solves the snoring problem.
- In case of those who are healthy and fit, the chances of snoring are less. Hence try to keep yourself fit by doing regular exercises. In case your work doesn't involve any physical activity, then you should never stay without exercising. Exercising should be done after getting up in the morning or in the evening much before your bedtime.
- Practice correct breathing technique, as this will reduce the chances of you getting snoring. For this you can take help Yoga.
- If you smoke, then chances of you getting snoring are much more. Hence stop smoking and prevent snoring form occurring. Avoiding smoking will also be beneficial for a healthy life.
- Overweight people are also under major risk of getting snoring. Hence if your weight is more than your normal weight, then try to reduce you weight. For this follow healthy diet plan along with regular exercising.
- Avoid eating oily and spicy food. As much as possible eat simple and healthy food. Green vegetables and fruits are the best diet for everyone. This way you will stay healthy and feel healthy. This will prevent snoring from occurring.
- To reduce the snoring you should take one teaspoon of olive oil before going to bed. This will make the snoring noises low.