Home Remedies For Sore Throat
All of us are familiar with sore throat and we know what happens during sore throat. Sore throat is caused due to the inflammation of the back of the throat. When we get cold and cough, generally sore throat also follows. Sometimes sore throat is a result of swollen tonsils or some other infection of the throat. Sore throat is a temporary thing and goes within a week's time.
Sore throat can also be the result of shouting or smoking. There are many home remedies for sore throat.
Home remedies for Sore Throat:
- Having Epsom salt bath is highly beneficial to treat sore throat. For this add some Epsom salt in your bathtub and have bath with this water.
- Chewing the mango bark is also effective in the treatment of sore throat.
- Add some salt in warm water and use this water for gargling. This is one of the most used and simplest home remedies for sore throat.
- Put some honey and cayenne on the cloves of garlic and chew these cloves one by one. This will give relief from the sore throat.
- Holy basil leaves are also effective in reliving the symptoms of sore throat. You can either chew these leaves as it is or boil them in water and then use that water for gargling.
- In one cup of hot water add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, one forth of lemon juice, one teaspoon of honey and pinch of cayenne pepper and stir it well. Drinking this mixture three times in a day will give relief from sore throat.
- In boiling water add two teaspoon of dry blossoms of chamomile. Drinking this three to four times a day is also very effective treatment for sore throat.
- Put some fenugreek seeds in two cups of boiling water and boil for some more time. Using this water for gargling will also give relief form sore throat.
- Prepare a mouthwash using parsley. For this take about two sprigs of chopped parsley, one teaspoon of myrrh, three cloves and boil this water for some time. You can also use this solution for gargling.
- In one glass of boiled water add cinnamon powder and honey and drink this. You can also use cinnamon oil instead of powdered cinnamon.
- Put some onion pieces in one cup filled with honey. Swallow about one teaspoon of this honey after every two hours. This will give instant relief from sore throat.
- Belleric myroblan herb is also effective in the cure of sore throat. Add salt, pepper and honey in the pulp of this herb and have it thrice in a day.
- Add pinch of salt to Bishop's weed and boil it in water for some time. Then strain this water and use it for gargling.
- You can prepare a decoction from the leaves of Henna and use it for gargling.
- Boil half liter water and add sage leaves in to it. Allow it to cool and then add vinegar and honey to give it better taste. Use this mixture for gargling.