Home Remedies For Sunburn
As the name suggests the sunburn are the burns caused due to ultra violet rays of sun. The ultra violet rays emerging from sun can damage the skin and give injuries like burn marks to you. There are many ways in which you can protect yourself from the UV rays. You can wear scarf and goggles to protect your head and eyes respectively. Before stepping out of the house in daytime, you should apply sunscreen lotion to protect your skin form the sunrays.
Along with all these precautions there are various home remedies for sunburn that will help you in case you have already got sunburns. These home remedies can effectively treat first degree, second degree and third degree burns. Whenever you come home back from work, go and have bath with cold water. This will remove the heat from your body and will also keep you cool during summer. Eating seasonal fruits is also very effective remedy for sunburns as these fruits will be rich in water contains and thus will keep you well hydrated.
Home remedies for Sunburn:
- To keep you cool during summer time wear light color clothes, as these clothes will not absorb more sunlight.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water and various fruit juices. It is also advisable to carry water with you whenever you step out of the house. This way you can drink water whenever you become thirsty and also prevent yourself from drinking outside water.
- Increase raw fruits and vegetable in your meal and give your body the much-needed vitamins and minerals to stay healthy.
- Whenever you go out of the house during the time when the heat is the maximum, apply sunscreen lotion mostly on the parts of the body, which are not covered with clothes. If possible for your work in the early morning or in the evening when the heat is not the maximum. But this cannot be possible for everybody.
- During summer, it is also important to protect your head from getting heat. Hence either carry an umbrella with you or put a scarf on your head.
- If you have got sunburns then wash the affected body part with antibacterial soap and dry it gently with towel.
- Don’t put bandage over the sunburns. In short keep the area open and don’t apply any cream also.
- Apply some apple cider vinegar over the sunburns. You can also apply aloe Vera gel over the sunburns. This is one of the very effective home remedies for sunburn.
- Sunburns can be avoided if you will keep your self well hydrated by drinking fruit juices and water. This way your skin will not loose moisturizer and not get sunburns.
- Put some baking soda in water and wash the area affected with sunburn with this water. This will stop the burning of the skin and give relief from the pain.
- Add oatmeal in water and soak it in water for some time. Applying this oats over the sunburns is also effective way of treating sunburns.