Home Remedies For Tennis Elbow
We have heard this word tennis elbow many times but still many of us don’t know what it exactly is. This is caused due to abnormal inflammation of the tendons. Due to this the flexibility of the body muscle and thus causes immense pain while moving the body part. This generally affects the hands and it becomes difficult for the affected person to hold any weight in the affected hand.
Here are the main causes for tennis elbow:
- Muscle exertion can lead to tennis elbow.
- Elbow injury is one of the main causes of getting tennis elbow.
- Stress also can lead to tennis elbow.
- Some damage to tendons, ligaments and muscles can result into tennis elbow.
- Due to some extra pressure out on the elbow, tennis elbow can occur.
Doctors will prescribe various medicines to treat tennis elbow and most of them will be painkillers. They will also suggest you some exercises that will help in having the soft movement of the wrist. Compared to these medication home remedies for tennis elbow are much more helpful.
Home remedies for Tennis Elbow:
- To reduce the joint pain and inflammation caused due to tennis elbow, you should eat lots of celery in your diet. Drinking the juices prepared form celery is also effective to treat tennis elbow. Drinking warm water by putting ten drops of celery extract in it is also useful to reduce the inflammation and pain.
- Many times you must have heard that omega-3 fatty acid is effective in reducing the inflammation of the joints and effective in reducing the pain. Salmon, mackerel fish are rich source of omega-3 fatty acid, so include them in your diet. Flax seeds are also effective to treat tennis elbow.
- Drinking ginger tea thrice in a day is also one of the most beneficial home remedies for tennis elbow. You can also prepare poultice from ginger and apply it directly on the paining part of the body.
- Massaging the paining elbow with calendula oil is also useful in reducing the pain and giving comfort in tennis elbow. You can massage the affected body part with this oil twice in a day.
- Applying avocado oil on the affected body part will also give relief from the inflammation and pain.
- Your diet should include plenty of nuts, blue berries, spinach, whole grain products, celery, cabbage, broccoli, green tea and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Eating pineapple and drinking fresh pineapple juice will also give relief in tennis elbow.
- Milk, eggs and cheese all are good source of vitamins and minerals that your body lacks during tennis elbow. Hence include them in your daily diet.
- Taking adequate rest is also important. If you are a sportsperson, then take a break for few months from your game.
- Applying ice packs over the affected body part will make the affected area numb and thus will give relief from the inflammation of the muscles.
- You can also apply heat packs over the affected area to get relief from the pain.