Home Remedies For Varicose Veins
In our body there is a huge network of veins, which carry blood from one part of the body to the other part. When some injury happens to even a single vein, the blood flow gets affected. This can further lead to several diseases. Many times the veins get congested due to the blood clots and this can also result in various illnesses. Due to the injury the veins appear bluish and swollen. This condition is known as varicose veins. This is extremely painful condition but you can get some relief from the pain by trying the various home remedies for varicose veins.
Home remedies for Varicose Veins:
- In order to keep the blood circulation well within your body, exercising is the only option. Walking, jogging, cycling and swimming are some of the best form of exercising. Even if you perform some sort of exercising for about 30 to 45 minutes a day that will be sufficient to keep your body healthy and fit.
- Follow healthy eating habits and stay away form junk food, oily food. Limit your intake of sugar and salt. Try to minimize eating ice creams, cheese, tobacco and peanuts.
- Your diet should consist of vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts, whole grains, fish and Soya products. Onion, ginger and garlic are also effective for proper blood circulation in the body. Include them while cooking food.
- Pineapple is also very effective in the treatment of varicose veins. Pineapple juice should be consumed once a day in case you get varicose veins often.
- Blackberries and cherries are also effective in preventing varicose veins from occurring.
- Eat fibrous food, as this will keep the bowels clean. This will prevent varicose veins from occurring and will also keep you away from various other conditions.
- To keep the blood circulation proper avoid sitting or standing in one position for long time. Take break for five minutes in case your work wants you to sit in one position for too long. This will ensure that all the body parts get proper blood supply. Thus there will no pressure on the veins. This is one of the very effective home remedies for varicose veins.
- Don’t wear tight clothes. Your body should feel comfortable in what you are wearing.
- In case you have to stand for long time while working then balance your weight equally on both the legs. Don’t put extra pressure on one leg.
- Rest is also important part of the day. Take rest whenever possible. Daily sleep of six to seven hours is a must for all of us.
- Applying castor oil over the swollen veins will reduce the swelling and heal the varicose veins fast.
- Mix carrot juice and spinach juice and drink it. This will also give relief form varicose veins.
- Massage the swollen veins with rosemary oil, as this will give relief from the pain.
- Applying apple cider vinegar over the veins will also give relief from varicose veins.