Home Remedies For Vomiting
Vomiting is not a new thing for all of us. We know what happens in vomiting and how it feels to vomit. But many among us don't know why vomiting occurs. There are various causes for vomiting. The common causes for vomiting are eating too much food, pregnancy, illness, drinking too much alcohol, acid reflux, viral infection, motion sickness, stomach cancer, brain tumors, brain injury and appendicitis.
Vomiting is a sign that your body is not well, so it is better to take some rest. In case you don’t know the reason why you are vomiting and the vomiting is not stopping after trying these above-mentioned home remedies then it is good for you to contact your doctor. But in case you know that your are vomiting due to overeating, over drinking or due to motion sickness then there is no need to meet the doctor. In case you get motion sickness then there are certain tips that you should follow in order to avoid getting vomiting during your traveling. If you will chew one clove in your mouth while traveling, then you will not feel like vomiting. Avoid eating oily stuff while you are traveling. Don’t eat anything before starting the journey.
You can easily know when you are going to vomit, as there are various pre-signs about it. Some of the signs about vomiting are excessive salvia, dizziness, and temperature changes in body, increased heartbeat and trouble eating or drinking. There are home remedies for vomiting and also to prevent vomiting.
Home remedies for Vomiting:
- If you are feeling sick and think you might get vomiting, then have one cup of ginger tea by adding very little sugar in it.
- In case you are drunk and want to prevent vomiting from happening, then eat plain bread. Bread will take care of your digestive tract and will absorb the alcohol.
- Drinking one can of cola will also give relief from vomiting. But first bring the cola at room temperature
- Drinking limejuice is also one of the very effective home remedies for vomiting.
- After vomiting for next 12 hours avoid eating solid food but keep yourself well hydrated by taking lots of fruit juices and water.
- After 12 hours you can start taking soups, rice, oatmeal and mashed potatoes. Don’t overstuff yourself but eat reasonably.
- Roast some cardamom and make its powder. Add some honey to this mixture and eat it. This is very effective in stopping the vomiting.
- Add limejuice and mint juice in equal amounts and add half this amount ginger juice. Mix some honey in this mixture of juices and have it. This juices mixture is very effective treatment for vomiting.
- Add some honey in one glass of water and drink this glass of water. This simple remedy is also very beneficial in the treatment of vomiting.
- Make some onion juice and have one teaspoon of this onion juice after regular interval of half an hour.
- Avoid citrus fruits and also avoid dairy products after vomiting, as having these things will make you vomit more.