Home Remedies For Whooping Cough
Due to bacterial infection in the breathing passage anyone can suffer from whooping cough. It is a kind of coughing with high whooping sound. When a person has whooping cough then he or she may get breathless for some time due to the long periods of coughing. There are vaccinations for whooping cough but still the number of people having whooping cough is increasing. There are many home remedies for whooping cough. It is a contagious condition and spreads through sneeze and coughs of infected person.
The preliminary symptoms of whooping cough are runny nose, sneezing, nasal congestion, red and watery eyes, and dry cough and loss of appetite. In coming days this preliminary symptoms become more severe like coughing with thick phlegm, bulging eyes, discolored face and whooping cough. Infants, children, adults all are prone to get whooping cough and in case of infants it can be life threatening too.
Home remedies for Whooping Cough:
- Garlic Juice: Taking about one teaspoon of garlic juice twice or thrice in a day is very effective treatment for whooping cough.
- Fenugreek Seeds: take one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in one cup of water. Then add fresh ginger juice in it and also add honey. Keep this water for boiling. Strain this and drink this. This is one of the very effective home remedies for whooping cough.
- Almond Oil: Take 10 drops of ginger juice and add five drops of almond oil in it. Also add few drops of onion juice in it. Taking this mixture three times a day will prove effective in the cure of whooping cough.
- Radish Juice: Add some rock salt and honey in radish juice. Taking one teaspoon of this mixture twice or thrice in a day will cure whooping cough.
- Diet: Phlegm is a very common thing in whooping cough. There are certain food items that increase the phlegm like, milk, dairy products, refined flour products, rice and sugar products, etc. You should eat lots of tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, etc. Eat boiled vegetables with minimum spices. Eat slowly with chewing each bite as many times as possible.
- Calamus Herb: After roasting the calamus herb, powder it. Add honey into this powder and consume it. The pinch of this powder should be mixed with one teaspoon of honey and taken three times a day.
The children below the age group of two have higher risk of getting whooping cough. Whooping cough is really dangerous for your kids below the age of two. Hence you should treat your child from a good pediatrician. The rate of infant deaths due to whooping cough is really high. Hence there should be no delay in giving proper treatment to your child.
The children above the age of two can be treated at home with various home remedies. For first two days after getting whooping cough, give your children only orange juice and water. After that you can give them fruits and fruit juices. From the fourth day onwards you can give your child his or her usual diet.