Home Remedies For Yeast Infection
Yeast infection is a common problem faced by women all over the world. This infection occurs in vagina and thus makes it even more uncomfortable. It is caused due to increased growth of candida fungus in vaginal area. The vagina has enough acidity to keep the yeast levels under control but due to increased number of candida fungus the acidity of vagina decreases. This causes vaginal yeast infection. Yeast infection mostly happens during menstruation or during pregnancy when the acidity level of vagina is naturally low.
Yeast infection is also common in diabetic patients and in those who use birth control pills to prolong the pregnancy. If you have got vaginal yeast infection then you can try various home remedies for yeast infection and get cure from it.
Home remedies for Yeast Infection:
- In your bathtub fill warm water and then mix one cup of apple cider vinegar in it. Sit in this water for about fifteen minutes. Make sure that your vaginal area is in constant contact with the water. Then dry the vaginal area well with towel.
- Inserting one or two boric acid capsules in your vagina will also prove beneficial in the treatment of yeast infection.
- Put on tampon in yogurt and insert this in your vagina. Doing this two times a day will give fast relief form yeast infection. This is one of the very effective home remedies for yeast infection and many women have tried it.
- Make paste from garlic cloves and apply it over the area of vagina. This will cause some burning but it will give relief from the yeast infection by reducing the growth of candida fungus.
- You diet should be consisting of various fruits and fruit juices. Mainly eat those fruits, which are rich source of vitamin C.
- Take two cups of water and add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one clove of garlic in it. Use this water for douching.
- Put two drops of tea tree oil on a tampon and insert it in your vagina. Keep it for some time and then again replace it with fresh tampon.
- Insert one tampon in the solution of potassium sorbate and insert it in your vagina to get relief form yeast infection.
There are some precautions that you will need to take in order to not get yeast infections.
- Wear loose fitting comfortable undergarments. The undergarment should be made form cotton, as it will soak the sweat and any vaginal discharge and keep the vaginal area dry.
- Change your undergarments if they have become wet. Wash your vaginal area well and after drying it put your undergarments.
- Stay away from using any perfumed soaps or deodorants on vagina. Wash your undergarments with mild soap.
- Instead of using cloth pads, use sanitary pads during your menstruations.
- In the night while sleeping, you can keep your vagina free from wearing any tight undergarments. This will give proper air circulation to your vagina.
- Maintain proper hygiene and stay away form yeast infections.