Headaches and Migraines Home Remedies
Headache is experienced by every human being in his or her life time. Generally headache is the pain and discomfort in the smooth muscles present on he walls of the arteries and the veins which supplies blood to cranium. It may also occur due to any irritation to the nerve endings that are being present in the cranial region. The muscles or blood vessels may get inflamed or may suffer from other changes that may cause extra pressure o the structures present hence causing disturbances and uneasiness. These sensations are being send to brain thus stimulating the pain receptors which intern sends back the pain sensations on the are affected hence initiating pain. Headache is of two types:
- Primary headache - it is the type of headache that is not initiated by any disease or the any pathological condition in the body.
- Secondary headache – this type of pain is carried out by certain disturbances in the body which are being caused by certain pathological conditions of the body.
It is worldwide problem and very often seen in people around us. It is a very severe kind of pain hat almost disrupts the activity of a patient and his day to day life. It is more prevalent in women. Exact reason has not been known about the causal factor of migraine but there are certain precipitating factors that are believed to initiate migraine headache.
Symptoms of migraine are:
- generally headache is in the half of the cranium
- severe and throbbing pain
- aura is present
- nausea and vomiting sensations
- pain aggravates with the present of light
- person is not able to bear noise
Other types of headache are a cluster headache which Pain is the very severe form of head ache. Generally results in the people who are in the age group between 15 to 55 years. The pain is severs and s just like some one is cutting our cranium with the knife.
There is one more kind of head ache known as stress headache. It generally occurs all the time and is seen on the temporal region. Vein can be felt during the attack of headache. It occurs due to undue pressure on the brain.
Following are the causes of head ache.
- Head ache may me cause by certain allergens
- Weak eyesight may also cause headache
- Exposure to bright light and high pitch noise may also lead to head ache
- Hypertension is the most common reason of having head ache.
- Hangover also cause headache
- It is also seen that constipation may also cause head ache due to accumulation of toxins in the body
- Nutritional deficiency may also lead to certain conditions which causes head ache
- Stress is another reason due to which head ache occurs.
- Irregular sleeping habits are also responsible for causing head ache.
- Keeping hot water bottle over the abdomen before going to bed helps in relieving head ache due to gastric disturbances and indigestion.
- Sugar candy and coconut mixed in equal amount helps in curing head ache.
- Hot water gargling to improves sore throat, nasal blocking can be rectified by stream inhalation are effective method to treat headache.
- Warm poultice made out of ginger is applied on forehead is also beneficial in curing headache.
- Consuming apple early morning helps in relieving from head ache.
- Drop 2 to 3 drops of ghee in the nose helps in relieving from headache especially caused by sinusitis.
- Head ache caused by heat is cured by consuming watermelon juice.
- Cuscus grass and watermelon are grinded and then consumed is very good for treating headache.
- Rosemary oil massage is good remedy n getting away with head ache.
- Brewer’s yeast when consumed daily is a god remedy for curing headache caused by iron deficiency.
- Application of paste made from sandal wood powder is also an effective way in curing headache.
- In case of head ache caused by any infection, vitamin C is very helpful. Abundance of vitamin C is found in amla (Indian goose berry)
- Juice of fresh grapes also relieves from pain in head region.
- Avoiding constipation can also relieve headache.
- Use of coffee, teas, spicy food, greasy food stuff in extremes cause headache, hence these should be avoided.
- Yogic asana like ardhchakra asana, vajra asana and shashank asana are effective ay to get rid of from headache.
- Doing deep breathing and pranayam is also good for avoiding headache.
- Tulsi (holy basil) tea is very effective in case of stress headache.