Insomnia Home Remedies
Insufficient sleeping is known as insomnia or more commonly a condition termed as sleeplessness. Sleep is q relaxed state of mind and body that is very much essential to carry out our daily activities properly. Sleep relives us from the stress and other burdens on mind and body. The frequency of sleep varies from person to person. In a normal individual on an average 6 to 8 hours of sleep is essential. But if a person suffers from insomnia, he is unable to sleep thus disturbing his biological cycle. It is now days frequently seen in people having sedentary life style or those who belong to upper class society. Sleep frequency decreases in older aged people hence lots of old people suffers from this disease.
Following are the causes of insomnia
- mental stress
- suffering from chronic diseases or ailments
- consuming tea and coffee in excess
- emotional stress may also lead to insomnia
- Doing yogic exercises like shirsh asana, sarvang asana, uttar asana, paschimuttan asana and shava asana prevents insomnia.
- breathing should be rectified and should be deep/
- Regular physical activities are important that helps in eliminating the lactic acid formed in the body.
- You should follow a strict daily schedule of your day like sleeping and eating time and should strict to it.
- hot foot bath and application of hot bag on the spine relaxes body and induces sleep.
- avoid usage of alcohol in excess
- A table spoon of honey in sweet milk is very effective method to prevent unsleepiness condition in the body.
- a herb valerian walllichi helps in relaxing the body and prevents insomnia.
- Extract of orange’s flower at bed time is quite effective in relieving stress and induces sleep.
- Consuming 2 glasses of orange with a table spoon of honey at bed time also induces sleep.
- Milk of butter milk with a pinch of cinnamon powder mixed with a table spoon of honey helps in inducing sleep.