Toothache, clinically labeled as odontalgy or odontalgia is an intense discomfort related with an afflicted tooth in pain and the area around it. Toothache generally happens because of the bad dental condition and can be tormenting enough to make a person’s life go in disarray. Eating junk food items, improper brushing techniques, mental stress and using bad quality tooth paste results in such a problem. Other problems like dental cavity exposed tooth nerve or root endings in the pulp, dental abscess and cracked tooth etc. can also lead to toothache. It may also be caused y periodontal gum disease like swelling of soft tissues, abnormal bone loss near teeth, disorders of temporomandibular joint which is the jaw joint. A paining tooth becomes highly sensitive to heat or cold and pains all the more when one chews.
Dental x-rays are performed to know the reason of toothache. Pain in teeth or tooth may also be an indication of angina, sinus, heart attack and inner and external infection. Removal of plaque or scaling, dental filling, tooth splinting, root canalling and tooth extraction procedures are different treatments to fight against toothache. Analgesics like ibuprofen and acetaminophen can be taken to combat toothache. Generally, toothache is accompanies by bleeding or discharge from gums, bad breath, redness beside gum line and swelling of gums. Time and again, the pain may exude from tooth to the cheeks, ears and jaws. Besides other dental treatments, the below listed home remedies can also be employed to treat tooth ache.
- Chew leave of guava fruit to lessen toothache.
- Sink your teeth into a cotton ball immersed in clove oil to relieve the toothache.
- Chewing spinach leaves checks toothache and tooth decay.
- Vitamin C rich juices improve dental health, thus eating a raw lime may prove to be an effective remedy.
- Onion juice also destroys the toothache originating bacteria.
- Wheat grass juice is another effective anti-bacterial source of mouth wash that provides fast relief from tooth pain.
- Chewing garlic can also help in fighting against toothache.
- Applying bayberry bark paste with vinegar on aching tooth cavity provides relief from pain.
- Three to four drops of vanilla extracts on the paining tooth can also provide immediate relief.
- A paste of mustard oil and turmeric, when applied on the paining tooth, provide a lot of relief.
- Applying a paste make of water, pinch of salt and three tbsp of crushed black pepper on the paining tooth can give relief.
- 5 grams of boiled peppermint in one cup water can be drunk frequently to feel relief from toothache.
- Massaging teeth, jaws and gums with three or four drops of mustard oil mixed with pinch of salt may reduce pain in teeth and also helps in maintain health jaws, gums and teeth.
- A decoction made by boiling 5-6 cloves, 2 inches margosa bark in one cup water, then by straining it and using it as mouth wash may control toothache.
Using either of the above mentioned home treatments to get rid of toothache can help in alleviating your problem to a large extent.
Gums Problem, Gingivitis, Bad breath
Quantity: 50 Grams / Tube