Whey protein is found in milk and has proven efficacy to provide litany of health benefits. It is a mixture of globular proteins that is formed after cheese is processed. It is a 5% solution of lactulose in water with minerals and lactalbumin. Whey protein is commonly ingested and marketed as a dietary supplement.
What are different forms of whey protein available?
- Whey Protein Concentrate: It comes with high content of lactulose and fat, 89% and 29% which varies upon the product specifics.
- Whey Protein Isolate: It is the purest form of protein that contains very little or no fat or lactulose. Being the most soluable form of whey protein, it is easy to digest and comes little pricey than its other variants.
- Combination of Isolate and Concentrate: This mainly comes in the form of protein bars and supplements for meal replacement.
Women Can Get Great Benefits From Whey Protein?
Whey protein has significant benefits for women.
- Weight Loss: Whey protein is used in plenty of weight loss products. Most of the women do not want to consume it fearing about the fat bulking up. However, the truth lies in the fact that whey protein supplements can greatly help them achieve their dietary goals and get their desirable toned physique.
- Osteoporosis: Whey is a high quality protein. Females are prone to osteoporosis and intake of whey protein at regular intervals can eliminate the risk. Whey helps to promote the bone strength and delay the onset of osteoporosis significantly. It also comes loaded with calcium and vitamin D.
- Healthy Immune System: Whey proteins actively help to increase the level of glutathione, which is an antioxidant required for maintaining a healthy immune system. High quality whey is rich in amino acids and leucine which helps to promote fat loss and lean muscle mass.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers: Women who are not allergic to whey can easily use its products during pregnancy and lactation as they provide an excellent resource to cover up the deficiencies.
- Hair Loss & Hair Regrowth: Whey protein supplements are apt to cover up for deficiencies that lead to hair loss. Sufficient intake of whey can greatly provide female body ability to fight against hair loss and promote the hair regrowth in case of baldness.
- Reduction in Stress: Feeling stressed can often lead to overeating and emotional drainage. Regular intake of whey protein can help to provide body with nutrients to combat the effects of stress. It promotes the release of serotonin which helps with stress reduction and fighting against depression.
- Prevention of Diseases and maintenance of well being: Whey has great benefits to improve overall health by providing the body with needful nutrients for prevention of diseases and promotion of good health. It can also help slow down the cancer growth in the body, promotes the growth of new skin, and prevents type 2 diabetes by adequate controlling of blood glucose levels. It is very helpful for burn victims and people who suffer from large wounds or injuries as it promotes faster skin re-growth
How Whey Protein Can be Consumed?
Ideally, as a meal replacement, whey protein can be consumed twice or thrice a week, especially after the vigorous workouts. A dietician can also be consulted for right dosage and amount of the whey protein.
Whey protein is a truly amazing health supplement. In addition to its benefits for women, it is equally beneficial for men where it enhances circulatory function, comes with powerful anti-aging effects, sharpens the mind, and helps to build muscles. It offers the body the needful building blocks in the form of its rich protein content. If you too wish to seek benefit from whey protein, go ahead and try it out.