Menstruation is the monthly flow of fluids from the female reproductive system. These in common terminology are called menses. All these activities are under the control of hormones. Estrogen and progesterone are the two major hormones that are responsible for such activities in female body. This process of menstruation starts with commence of puberty, generally at the age of 13 years. Menstrual cycle is lived with the reproductive life of a female and with commence of menses it means her ovaries have started operating. It is generally the cleansing process of nature of the structures that were prepared by the nature for conception. The cycle on an average is of 28 days but it varies from individual to individual.
There are certain problems that can occur in a female. These are:
- Amenorrhea- it s the complete stoppage of menses. This condition occurs in certain conditions like pregnancy, lactation period (breast feeding), hormonal problems and stress.
- Dysmenorrheal – it is the conditions where menses accompany with the pain. Nausea and vomiting is also a common symptom during these conditions. This may occur because of anemia
- Menorrhea - it refers to the heavy menstrual flow. This condition occurs due to vitamin deficiency and other disorders.
- Parsley when consumed in the dosage of 75 ml per day is nice way to maintain the menses to normal.
- banana flower cooked and then consumed with curd is effective in reducing the menstrual flow
- In case of painful menstruation one should consume sun flower seeds by boiling it in water. It should be consumed about 120 ml
- Papaya is also a good remedy to avoid amenorrhea.
- Sesame seeds powder should be consumed with warm water to reduce pain.
- Warm water hip bath is nice way to avoid menstrual pain.
- boil about six coriander seeds in 400 ml of water and then consume it to prevent excessive flow of blood
- A fresh ginger boiled in a cup of water and then consumed helps in avoiding pain in menses.
- Beet root juice is a good remedy to avoid all kind of menstrual problems.
- Smoking should be completely avoided to decrease the rate of menstrual problems.
- Meda or the white flour products like breads, sugar preparations, cakes, tea and coffee should be avoided.
- Cinnamon boiled in milk is very effective method to avoid muscular cramps in menses.