Pregnancy Week 25
In pregnancy week 25, your baby is about 9 inches long and will weigh up to 1.5 pounds. Each baby is unique and hence the rate of growing in length and weight will be different for different babies from now onwards. That is the reason why some babies have birth weight of 7 pounds while some have 10 pounds. The baby will continue to develop and mature in this week too. The spine of the baby will start getting formed from the 25th week of the pregnancy. The blood vessels will also start developing in the lungs. Your baby's nostrils will also start developing and by the end of this week the nostrils will even start opening up. Your baby will also keep on getting fat on his or her body.
In pregnancy week 25, your uterus is equal to the size of volleyball. The uterus will grow further and hence you will get extra pressure on your back and pelvis. Your leg aches and the lower back pains will also become more by now. The backache and the leg aches can become severe in many pregnant women. Many times you will experience numbness in your buttocks and back or legs due to extreme pain. In some cases the doctor will advice bed rest so as to reduce the pain. These symptoms will soon get vanished on its own once you deliver your baby. There are certain things that you can do till then to get relief from the pain.
To get relief from the back and leg pain during pregnancy week 25, you can do following things.
- Chose firm mattress for sleeping, this will provide proper support for the back.
- Avoid sitting or standing for long times.
- Apply hot packs or cold ice packs on the paining body parts.
- As much possible avoid bending, as this will put extra pressure on your tummy and cause more back pain.
- While sitting use support cushions or pregnancy pillow to give support to your back and legs.
- If your doctor allows then you can take some physical therapy too.
- Stand straight so that the body weight will get divided equally on both the legs.
- There is no need to lift anything heavy, ask someone else's help if you want to lift something.
In many pregnant women the back pain and leg pain gets cured with some bed rest. But whatever it is remember that this is just a temporary phase and soon it all will vanish. The pregnancy week 25 is the prime time of your pregnancy and you will be glowing beyond explaining. All your family members will start showering their love on you and all will be eager to welcome the new addition to the family. Just enjoy this time as much as you can. If you have young kids at home then prepare them for welcoming their new brother or sister. Try to tell them good things about the new arrival and tell them how much they will love to play with their sibling.