Triphala Herbal Supplements
Triphala is a 100% natural herbal composite. Triphala is a cornerstone of ayurvedic medicine. Triphala means 3 fruits and contains equal proportions of the fruits of Amalaki / Indian Gooseberry (Emblica Officinalis), Haritaki (Chebulic Myrobalan) and Vibhitaki (Bellirica Myrobalan). It is said that Triphala is able to care for the inner organs of the body as a mother cares for her children. Each of the three herbal fruits of Triphala takes care of the total body by gently promoting internal cleansing of all conditions of stagnation and excess while at the identical time improving digestion and assimilation.
Triphala is extensively used in a large number of medicinal preparations. Triphala is an efficient blood purifier that stimulates bile secretion as it detoxifies the liver, helps digestion and assimilation, and considerably reduces serum cholesterol and lipid levels throughout body. It is also a laxative that rejuvenate the membrane lining the digestive tract and contributes to successful cleansing of the colon, a key condition in Ayurveda to maintaining optimum health. When consumed for a long period, it helps trim down excess weight. It promotes good colon health and acts as a laxative without causing limit or irritation. It gently stimulates the intestinal walls and restores tone to the colon, thus helping in the elimination process, providing a colon cleansing effect. Its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory activity is useful in the treatment of ophthalmia. It helps into healing ulcers in cases of Pyoderma gangrenosum and in the treatment of Lipoma. It has shown in-vitro anti-oxidant commotion. It is effective in the preventing superoxide induced hemolysis of the red blood cells. It also prevents lipid peroxidation induced by Fe3+/ADP/Ascorbate system in liver mitochondria.
Benefits of Triphala
- Triphala corrects the constipation, cleanses and tonifies the gastro intestinal tract
- Triphala detoxifies the whole body and improves the digestion and assimilation
- Triphala reduces high blood pressure and hypertension and improves total blood circulation
- Triphala is helpful in to liver disorders, acts as an expectorant and corrects diverticulosis
- Triphala is very effective in Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Ulcerative Colitis
- Triphala is highly anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and also stimulates the bile-flow and peristalsis
- Triphala prevents aging, imparts immunity, and improves mental faculties.
- Recent studies have shown Triphala to be an anti-cancer agent. It has the capability to kill tumor cells while sparing normal ones
Directions for taking Triphala
1 or 2 capsules twice every day with meals. Allow several weeks for long lasting benefits. Natural products treat not just the symptom but the body as a entire and take time for absorption and results
Triphala is from the renowned Herbals brand that endorsed by over 250,000 doctors worldwide and used by customers in over 60 countries. Herbals products have been study clinically and homogeneous to guarantee bioequivalence. Bioequivalence refers to ensuring that the product on the market is corresponding to the one on which clinical trials were effectively conducted. Herbal Healthcare uses chromatographic fingerprinting, one of the most complicated standardization techniques, to ensure consistent quality and performance
Composition of Triphala
Amalaki /Amla/ Indian Gooseberry (Emblica officinalis Gaertn.) Bellirica Myrobalan (Terminalia bellirica Roxb.) Chebulic Myrobalan (Terminalia chebula Retz.)
Triphala for Colon Cleansing
Triphala( 60 capsules )
Triphala in Ayurveda:
Triphala is mentioned throughout the ancient literature of Ayurvedic medicine as a tonifying blood cleanser and gentle laxative, highly prized for its ability to regulate the processes of digestion and elimination. Used by itself or in formulation, Triphala plays an necessary role in the treatment of a extensive variety of conditions. Ayurvedic medicine designates Triphala as a rasayana, a Sanskrit term given to those medicaments that get better general health and prolong life It is so safe to use and so highly valued for its efficacy that a common aphorism among many Ayurvedic practitioners is "when in doubt, use Triphala." Ancient authors noted that it include every taste except salty, and acts to promote a state of balance between the humoral principles (i.e doshas) of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Each component of Triphala has a specific activity on a meticulous dosha: Amalaki fruit is considered to be a rasayana for Pitta (i.e. inflammation); Vibhitaka a rasayana for Kapha (i.e. congestion); and Haritaki as a rasayana for Vata (i.e. degeneration). Triphala is also considered to be a malashodhana, removing (shodhana) the toxic wastes (mala) of poor digestion that continue in the body, called ama. The indications of ama include a substantial greasy coating on the tongue, poor appetite, indigestion, constipation, joint pain, headache, orbital edema, sinus congestion, a feeling of coldness, mental confusion, and lethargy. The routine use of Triphala each morning is consideration to detoxify the body and restore the integrity of the entire digestive tract, with a perfect balance between its astringent (wound-healing), demulcent (soothing), digestive, and laxative property.
Triphala Research and Clinical Studies
There has been considerable medical research conducted on Triphala in India which has indicated that Triphala is a possible detoxifying and anti-cancer agent. Scientists at the Radiation Biology and Health Sciences Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, found that Triphala had the ability to persuade cytotoxicity (cell death) in tumor cells but spared the normal cells.
A new study from the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute that suggests that triphala has cancer-fighting properties that prevent or slow the growth of pancreatic cancer tumors implanted in mice. The study found that an round extract of triphala, caused pancreatic cancer cells to die through a process called apoptosis - the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted or unneeded cells. According to Sanjay K. Srivastava, Ph.D., lead investigator and assistant professor, department of pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine - "We discovered that triphala fed out loud to mice with human pancreatic tumors was an extremely effective inhibitor of the cancer process, inducing apoptosis in cancer cells. Triphala triggered the cancerous cells to get die off and significantly reduced the size of the tumors without causing any toxic side effects."
Ayurveda Holistic Community
Triphala / Trifala
Triphala (Trifala) has a numerous benefits primarily because of its composition of 3 powerful healing herbs. In Ayurveda, Triphala is considered a 'tridoshic rasayan', having balancing and rejuvenating effects on the three constitutional elements that govern the human life: Vata which therefore regulates the nervous system, Pitta which maintains the metabolic processes, and Kapha which supports structural integrity.
Amalaki, Emblica Officinalis, one of Ayurveda's greatest rejuvenators and a physically powerful natural anti-oxidant, also helps to boost the immune system and balances the nature Pitta. Haritaki, Terminalia Chebula, the Tibetan "king of medicine", a standard heart-brain-longevity tonic, is often depicted in the extended palm of the Buddha and balances Vata. Bibhitaki, Terminalia Belerica, a powerful rejuvenative that reduces liver and heart disease, also improves the voice, vision and support the growth of hair and balances Kapha.
Benefits of Triphala
- Triphala for Colon Cleansing - In a survey conducted worldwide, Triphala was considered the most excellent colon cleanser in the world. All three herbs in Triphala are laxative in nature and very useful in removing toxins. Colon cleansing is an very old and proven practice for rejuvenating the body. Colon cleansing helps to detoxify and clean decayed food residues and other toxic substances accumulated in the intestines walls. This not only gets rid of constipation, hemorrhoids, parasites, flatulence, acne, dreadful breath and foul body but also prevents colon cancer. Colon cleansing also helps to alleviate headaches, irritability, and depression.
Triphala, formulated by Ayurvedic physicians thousands of years ago and it used by literally billions of people since, is considered the most efficient and safest laxative and colon tonic by most health care practitioners. Where other colon formulas are exhaust, Triphala is mild, non-habit forming, and a rejuvenative. It improves the absorption of food in intestines particularly in the duodenum where most chemical digestion takes place. Triphala also helps to stimulate different gastric enzymes that help to convert complex food into more easily digestible form. More over Triphala encourage the peristaltic action of the intestinal lining (due to its anthroquinones and other bitters) that also aids in proper movement of food at diverse levels of the digestive tract. it is also helpful in making the stool loose there by facilitation the easy evacuation of the bowel. While triphala is rather laxative to many people due to the anthoquinones, the balance of tannins naturally present hasa toning effect. In vitro have also shown that triphala is mortal to a variety of gastrointestinal pathogens, including the bacteria such as Salmonella typhii, Shigella, Klebsiella and Pseudomonas, and fungi like Candida albicans.
A relative study of the efficacy of Emblica officinalis fruit powder with a conventional antacid formulation was performed. In a 4 week study, 38 patients with dyspepsia and with or without stomach ulcer were divided into two groups : one group received this fruit powder and the other, the antacid. Emblica was used at the level of 3 gm per dose, three time a day while gel antacid was use at 30 ml per dose, up to 6 times a day. The improvement in the clinical symptoms score (belching, fullness, heartburn, regurgitation, nausea and vomiting) in ulcer dyspeptics was from the initial 4.2 to 0.4 (p < 0.01) post treatment score for a antacid group, and 4.6 to 0.6 (p<0.05) for the Emblica group. Endoscopic examination showed all ulcers in the antacid group in the process of healing, while all but one patient in the Emblica group had completely healed ulcers. In the non-ulcer group both antacid and Emblica produced a important decrease in clinical symptoms score from 4.4 to 1.53 (p<0.01) and 5.0 to 1.61 (p<0.01) respectively (22).
Triphala's benefits for the digestive system make it a really very useful herbal medicine for treating the Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Ulcerative Colitis.
- Triphala for Weight Loss Severe obesity is typically accompanied by congestion of the internal organs of elimination, including the liver and bowels. One recent molecular finding here supports Triphala's traditional use in treating the obesity. Researchers at the BRA Centre for Biomedical Research found that active molecules in triphala bind to the cellular receptor for CCK. CCK, or cholecystokinin, is a satiety hormone, and released to indicate that you are full, and is particularly responsive to fat. Synthetic analogs of CCK are under development by pharmaceutical companies to help to people realize that they're full, thereby get controlling appetite and supporting healthy weight. Since both overeating and obesity disrupt digestion and overburden the gastrointestinal trac this including the liver and bowel. As a result, digestion is compromised, leading to the poor nutrient assimilation, imbalances and overgrowth in the intestinal microflora, and putrefaction of ill-digested food. For such conditions, triphala can be highly effective in removing the stagnation of both the liver and intestines.
- Triphala for Blood Purification, Blood Circulation and Blood pressure Triphala's strong affinity for micro-organisms prevents them from causing a damage in the body and renders them inactive. This astringent property of Triphala helps into purification of blood and also helps in maintaining the proper density of the blood. Hence it is very helpful in eradicating all blood borne diseases and therefore also skin related problems. Triphala reduces the serum cholesterol, and high blood pressure. It considerably improves function of the liver as well as blood circulation. It has the ability to wield a remarkable protection against cardiovascular diseases. Triphala reduces the sign formation in the arteries thereby reducing the risk of heart related problems caused due to arteriosclerosis
- Triphala for Immunity Triphala has powerful anti oxidant agents that greatly help in regularizing the metabolism of cells and ease their proper functioning. This reduces the total risk of production of free radicals that are the main cause of aging. It also stimulates the proper functioning of cell organelles like mitochondria, golgi bodies and nucleus that play a very important role in proper functioning of the cell. Recent studies have shown that Triphala to be an anti-cancer agent. It has the ability to kill a tumor cells while sparing normal ones
- Triphala for Controlling Diabetes Triphala is very effective in treating the diabetes mellitus. It helps in there stimulating the pancreas. Pancreas contains islet of langerhans that secretes insulin. Insulin is conscientious for maintaining the proper glucose level in the body. More over due to its bitter taste it is also advisable to be taken in the hyperglycemia. In a study conducted by the American Botanical Council, it was shown that Triphala really reduced blood glucose levels in diabetic rats. The study concluded that the mechanism of action of these extracts for lowering the blood glucose is not known, but they may decrease the effect of inflammatory cytokine release in diabetics, which in turn might reduce insulin resistance. amusingly, the authors note that traditional medications those used to treat diabetes also have significant antioxidant effects.
- Triphala in correcting eye disorders Triphala is also extensively taken for all eye diseases including the treatment of the conjunctivitis, progressive myopia, the early stages of glaucoma and cataracts
Triphala helps in treating
- Indigestion and other digestive complaints
- Premature aging
Constipation in Children - Causes - Symptoms - Treatment
Constipation from an Ayurvedic Point of View
Five Very Effective Natural Constipation Remedies
The Top Ten Benefits of the Wonder Drug Triphala
A Simple Guide to Understanding Constipation
Preventing Constipation in Children - Some Important Suggestions
Colon Cleanser Treatment
Simple Home Remedies to treat Constipation in Newborns
What You Should Know About The Colon Cleanse Diet
What does a Colon Cleansing Kit necessarily contain?
Triphala internal cleanser
Constipation Symptoms -A List of the most commonly observed
Natural Bowel Cleansing
natural colon cleanse products
Colon Clear Formula The Myriad Advantages Of Keeping Your Colon Clear
Bowel Obstruction Treatment