Asanas or exercises to reduce stomach size
Obesity is the greatest of the health hazards nowadays that results in the increasing risk of cardiovascular as well as the respiratory system. Obese individuals are very much susceptible to arteriosclerosis, diabetes, increased blood pressure, and various breathing problems. So in order to reduce down the fats accumulated in the body various dietary modifications are very necessary. Apart from diet exercise also plays a vital role in reducing down the weight. This may include brisk walking, cycling or swimming etc. Also if various yoga asanas are performed it results in the gradual reduction in the weight of an individual.
Yoga postures and positions reduce down the fat of areas that need to be most worked upon. These yoga asanas may include forward bends, backward bends, and twisting of hips. Therefore following yogic asanas are when regularly performed they bring about the reduction in stomach size as well as fat:
- Sun Salutation or Surya Namskara this is the most basic technique for obesity management. This comprises of a series of 12 different postures practiced in a sequence. This improves the oxygen supply to the body. Thus helping in the strengthening the internal muscles and the toning of muscles.
- Pranayama measure to enhance the vital energy or the life force in your body.
- Kapalbhatiin the toning up of the tummy muscles since it increase the respiration rate thus causing the burning of fats and toxins that have accumulated into the body to be dissolved. Apply pressures on stomach inwards to breathe out all the air inside your stomach. Now relax and bring back the muscles to the normal position. Then again apply pressure on the stomach to clear out the air.
- Anulom Vilomis also a breathing exercise for whole of the body, along with the stomach.
- Sukhasana or the Butterfly is useful to provide strengthening to the spine lengthening of leg muscles making them strong as well as providing them with the strength to bear on the weight of the whole body.
- Also there are various asanas which when performed they bring about the reduction of accumulated fat while enacting on the specific areas that are very prone to accumulation of fat. As Mandukasana, Marktasana, pawan mukutasana, makrasana, Bhujangasana etc.
hus all the yogic asanas benefit and bring about the reduction in the fat via means of increasing the respiratory rate that in turn increase the burning down of accumulated fats in the body. Since these asanas are performed within a definite sitting or standing posture so it not only helps to reduce down the fat in the body but it even helps in the strengthen of these regions since to perform a definite pose or posture the individual has to keep sitting or standing in a definite position. Therefore this brings about the working of the muscles, tissues or various structures present at these sites to perform activities therefore the blood circulation is increased to these areas bring about the reduction in the accumulated fat by means of burning that is supported by increased respiration rate.