Although this is the simplest form of the pranayam yet this is extremely beneficial to individuals practicing this asana. Baharya Pranayam can be performed as follows;
- Firstly breathe out the air.
- Now touch the chin to chest slowly and squeeze stomach completely.
- Hold out in this position for a while.
- Then followed by the release of the chin and then breathing in slowly.
- Baharya pranayam can be performed around 3 to 5 times normally. And during the winter season this practice can be increased up by practicing around 11 to 20 times.
The benefits of Baharya pranayam are:
- Beneficial to various digestive organs, for stomach, in hernia.
- In various urinary disorders and also benefits the uterus.
- Cures various ailments of digestive system and brings about the elimination of toxins from the body.
- When practiced this helps to increase the oxygen intake of lungs thus bringing about maximum aeration of the lungs as well as other organs.
- Carbon dioxide and various other waste gases are released out of the body thus bringing about the purification of the body and various systems in it.
- Helps in the stimulation of cardiac system, circulatory system, and digestive system.
- Releases the tension from the body and fills it with calmness.
- Helps in various respiratory disorders.
The precautionary measures that are a must while practicing Baharya Pranayam are:
- Must not be practiced if individual is suffering from any serious cardiac disorders.
- Must also not be practiced if suffering from high blood pressure.