Kapalbhati Acidity Stomach – Yoga
In Sanskrit the Kapal means 'skull', 'forehead' and bhati means 'luminous' and also 'perception' or 'Knowledge'. Therefore Kapalbhati is the practice which brings a state of clarity in mind as well as in the body.
Thus in yoga most of the yogic postures and practices serve the purpose of purification of the body as well as the mind. As in today’s fast paced times we face with various disorders that are directly or indirectly related to our lifestyle. One such disorder is acidity. This can be cured by practicing various posture or asanas in yoga. One such beneficial asana is Kapalbhati. It is extremely beneficial in acidity. This can thus be practiced as;
- Empty stomach or 2-3 hours after meal.
- Sit in padmasana, sukhasana or siddhasna and those who are unable to sit they can perform it even on a chair, keeping the spine straight and the body firm.
- Breathe in or inhale through the nostrils which results in the contraction of abdominal muscles and proper aeration to the blood stream.
- So in Kapalbhati more attention must be given on act of forceful exhalation while the inhalation is passive, it must be silent and short, and abdominal contraction force is applied to the Manipura, Swadhisthan and Muladhar Chakra’s.
- A healthy person can practice it 10-15 minutes regularly. Patients suffering from with obesity, vitiligo, leukemia’s, breast carcinoma, fallopian tube blockage, hepatitis etc. should practice it 20 minutes to half hour twice daily.
This helps in the improvement of the abdominal organs as following:
- Brings about the Kapalbhati stimulation of pancreas to release insulin there by helping to control diabetes mellitus.
- Brings about the improvement of liver and spleenic functions.
- If done regularly it relieves constipation, acidity and anorexia etc.
- Regularize endocrine and exocrine systems.
- Helpful in regulation of all glandular secretions it is highly effective in azoospermia, oligospermia and fallopian tube blockage etc.
- It also helps in eradicating cysts and tumors.
- Brings about blood purification - Kapalbhati helps in blood purification which provides glorious and lustrous skin.
- It also helps in curing skin disorder like psoriasis, eczema. leucoderma etc.
- Thus, Kapalbhati prevents disorder and treats a wide range of physical as well as mental disorder.
- Also one should have lifestyle changes.
- This brings about the relaxation of various organs in the belly.
- This breathing control helps in the increase of the working efficacy of the secreting glands thus regulating them to maintain definitive levels of acid secretions.
- The burning sensation is even reduced due to acidity.
- Also brings about the cleansing of the abdominal organs and revitalizes them.