Makrasana (Crocodile Pose) Relaxation
In Sanskrit Makra is also known as crocodile. Since while performing this asana your body resemble to crocodile. So it is known as Makrasana. It is considered to be a type of resting asana. This asana can be performed as follows;
- Lie down on the floor prone with your chest touching the floor. And both the legs outstretched.
- Place your arms by the sides of your thighs.
- Slowly spread your legs and while doing so your toes must remain outwards and your heels must remain insides.
- Now slowly fold your left hand at the elbow bringing it from the armpit.
- Place it on the right shoulders.
- Now fold the right hand at the elbow and place it over the left shoulder.
- Place your head over the triangle made by both the elbows.
- Following this you must close your eyes and relax.
- Perform the abdominal breathing and maintain this posture as long as possible.
- The duration of this asana must be one to three minutes.
The benefits of this asana are:
- This asana is very beneficial in asthma.
- For individuals due to their diseased state especially in respiratory, when have acquired wrong ways of breathing they are rectified.
- Abdominal muscles get massage.
- Since in this asana all the muscles are relaxed so body gets enough amount of rest.
- Also helps in the stimulation of the stomach and the intestine.
- Helps in the improvement of digestive system.
- It even provides great amount of relief in individuals suffering from any spinal problems.
- Relaxes the muscles and relieves the fatigue in the body.
- Also helps in various genitor urinary disorders.
- Helps in reducing down blood pressure.
- Even prevents scoliosis and flatulence.
- It also helps in increasing the heat in the body.