Benefits of Ramdev Yoga (Pranayam)
In yoga breath is used to direct the flow of prana in the body. And as the blood circulates through the whole body it carries prana in it all over the body. So breathing is life since it is the most vital function of our body. Similarly in yoga too breathing has a great importance since yogic asanas or postures are mainly performed in accordance with breathing. Almost all yogic postures involve breathing control stimulating activities in body. As it is explained in Ayurveda that when breath wanders i.e. it is irregular the mind is also unsteady. But when breath is calmed the mind will also be still and the individual also lives a long life. Thus one must learn to control breath.
Yogic breathing or pranayam is the fourth limb of stage of yoga that comes after asanas or postures. Prana has several meanings as breath, respiration, life, vitality, wind, energy and strength while yama is restraint or discipline. The control of prana leads to the control of mind which is vital for concentration and meditation which is the next step in yoga. But yogi breathing is also recognized as a way to refresh and rejuvenate all the body systems.
It is also said by Swami Ramdev that even if a person does not goes on to practice the various asanas in yoga everyday but if he just goes onto practice Pranayam he will attain all the benefits that a regular yoga practitioner does. So we can see that not only just Swami Ramdev but also the sages who told us the benefits of yoga knew that controlling the breathe is so much important and that it means a lot while performing yoga. So the benefits of Ramdev yoga (pranayam) or breathing yoga has;
- It helps in release of acute & chronic muscular tension around heart and digestive organs.
- Individuals suffering from asthma and emphysema overcome shortness of breath. Since practicing yoga increase their lung capacity.
- Encourages nervous stimulus to cardiovascular system regulating circulation of blood, making it available for all tissues.
- Even helps to reduce down emotional as well as nervous anxiety.
- Also increases the release of toxins as well as carbon dioxide reducing its levels in blood stream and increases levels of oxygenation in blood.
- Amplifies the immune system by increasing the distribution of energy to the endocrine system.
- Refreshes the body and the mind.
- Calms and relaxes the mind.
- Improves concentration.
- Refreshes the body as well as the mind.
- Improves the circulation.
- Empties the lungs fully expelling out the stale air.
- Lower the hazardous gases content in the blood as carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. Etc.
- Counteracts anxiety.
- Promotes good sleep.
- Strengthens the nervous system
- Extremely good for sinus.
- Good for digestive system and liver functioning.
- Helps you out in insomnia.