Svastikasana (Prosperous Pose)
This asana is also known as the Prosperous pose. This is a pose of sitting evenly or properly. Svastikasana is an effective meditative posture. This asana thus can be performed as follows;
- Firstly stretch out both your legs together, placing the hands by the side of the body, palms resting on the ground, and the fingers must be together pointing forwards.
- Now fold your one leg at the knees and put it against the joint of the other thigh or the posterior portion of the knee joint.
- Now folding your other leg and put it near the joint of the other thigh. Similarly as the previous leg has been placed.
- Now fold or place both your hands on the knees sitting in Gyana Mudra.
- When you want to return to the original position you must first stretch out right leg.
- Then go out and stretch the left leg keeping both the legs together.
- All this time you must remember that your back or spine must be as straight as possible. Extending from the tailbone upwards to the head.
- And also breathing must be rhythmic and regular.
- The soles must also be placed between the calf and the thigh muscles always.
The benefits of this asana are;
- This pose greatly helps in meditation.
- Also if this pose is combined with pranayam this is known to cure various diseases.
- Also increases the balance between the body and the mind.
- Bring about the stretching and the straightening of the spinal column.
- Also provides a proper alignment to the body.
- Helps build up concentration.