Yoga for Acidity
Yoga is a very vast and expanded field that encompasses both the body and mind. Although the asanas are physical postures but they must be approached with concentration and awareness. They are not just the means of physical fitness; but they also lead to well balanced, flexible body and a clear mind. Breath control is very important in yoga. In all harnessing of body leads to harnessing of mind letting the individual to pursue the spiritual side of yoga.
In today’s fast everyday life we mainly encounter disorders that are resulted because of our own negligence towards what we eat, how we eat, when we eat, & in what amount we eat. One of these common ailment resulted from are activities is Acidity. As we know it is resulted due to our own stressful life where we are earning a lot at the cost of our own health. The process of digestion in our body is mainly governed by the digestive juices in our body along with the prana or breaths that we inhale and exhale everyday. So for the fire or jath-ragni that helps us to digest the food and break it down into useful substances that further can be assimilated into the body the prana or breaths play a leading role.
An individual when suffers from acidity he is stuck in a situation that hinders his everyday activities. He is not able to enjoy life to the fullest and is always in a stressed state both physically as well as mentally. In yoga there are a number of asanas that have been meant to help and even cure acidity. The asanas mentioned in yoga for acidity in brief are:
- After having meals a person if sits comfortably in Vajrasana for about 10 to 15 mins this gives strength to his digestive power reducing the occurrence of flatulence and constipation. Thus immediately removing the main causes of acidity.
- Pranayam along with yoga nidra is very beneficial. Pranayam helps in relaxation of organs within abdomen assisting in adequate supply of blood to the organs then the controlling of the breath increase the working efficiency internal secreting glands.
- Shitali pranayam & Shitkari pranayam help in reduction of the burning sensation caused in the stomach by acids.
- Further strong acids in the stomach get washed away by Kunjal Kriya.
- Virasana (or Hero’s pose) helps in the reduction of the fat around the thighs & calves and also increases digestion.
- Pachimottanasana (or Back spine stretching pose) as it helps to tone up the spine it even helps in improvement of digestion.
- Makrasana massages the abdominal organs.
- Yoga Mudra
- Surya Namaskara
- Jalludhar Bandha
- Shaya asana
- Kunjal Kriya
long with these asanas an individual must follow the certain dietary principles set in ayurveda & yoga that can provide him relief from acidity and even prevent its recurrence. So it is not only just asanas that bring relief from acidity but also it is dietary control.