Gas/Acidity/kabaz (Constipation) Cure by Yoga
Gas, acidity or constipation these are the most common discomforts that are produced due to our own negligence and dietary discomforts. Constipation is a very common disorder but it is caused to a number of individual any is the main cause of disruption of various daily activities. There are various causes of constipation as; hardening of the faeces due to the wrong type of diet, dehydration, hypothyroidism, injured anal sphincter, certain types of crude drugs as opium and iron etc, tumors, sedentary habits etc.
There are even common causes as a low fiber diet, lack of the physical activity, not drinking of enough water, delay in passing out the stool, stress or excessive traveling, etc.
The yoga poses that must be performed for constipation are;
- The Bow pose or the Dhanurasana
- The shoulder stand
- The Peacock pose or the Mayurasana
- The abdominal lifts
- And various breathing exercises that help us to regulate the digestive system.
- The seated poses.
- The cobra pose or Bhujangasana
- Pawan Muktasana is also extremely beneficial for various gas related problems. This helps to reduce down the gastric acid reflux and heart burns.
- Dhanurasana increases blood flow in the pancreas and the intestinal area.
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayam is also very beneficial.
- Surya Namaskara
- Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Bhastrika with Kumbhaka
- Kapalbhati Pranayam
These are the poses that specifically target the digestives system and bring relief from constipation; acidity or even gas. In addition to this the diet that must be followed in individuals suffering from any of these; one must take up light meals including fresh foods, vegetables, and salads, avoid consumption of starch, spices, fats and excessive salts, also drink plenty of water.