Yoga Stretching Exercises Made Easy
Yogic exercise or stretches provide relief from stress and tension in various parts of body. The purpose of practicing yoga stretches is that it prevents the muscles from shortening. Because as if the shortening of muscles is resulted it would trigger compensation all over the body that shall reduce the flexibility as well as mobility. It is only due to this reason that people in older age find it really hard to go around. These (yoga) stretching exercises certainly prevent this from happening but even helps to keep your muscle long and lean strengthening the muscle in the body so that you do not suffer lose at old age.
These yoga stretching exercise are as follows:
- Seated cross leg breathing: to perform this you need to be sitting on the edge of the blanket or the pillow. Lengthen your spinal column and then sitting in correct posture breath in deeply. Then expand your ribcage and exhale. Continue to take at least five breaths then repeat again.
- Mountain pose: this pose benefits the entire body. To start you must stand with your feet apart at hips distance apart and now lift your toes up now slowly lengthen your spine in a correct posture one must relax his shoulder down. Move up through the head taking at least five to ten breaths repeat after relaxation.
- Stand up by pushing your chair backwards try bending your hips keeping the back straight, now bend over and place your folded arms onto the desk. Start to take deep breathes and then this must be followed with relaxing exhales.
- Chair twists – the twist work as an antidote to long working hours. After performing these twists you shall feel release and relaxation of all the muscles on your back especially those in the middle.
- Sit on a chair then swivel your thighs towards the right side of the chair so as sitting diagonally on the seat.
- Open chest stretch decreases rounded shoulders releasing the tightness in the middle back.
- Neck stretch this is very beneficial in stiff or compressed neck. When this is performed you shall feel lengthening of your neck along with stretching of the ligaments producing in a space between each of your vertebrae.
- Shoulder rolls this is one of the best stretching exercises that can be performed when you are sitting in the same position for a while.
- Shoulder stretch further goes onto release the stress and tension on your shoulders as well as the upper back.
- Side stretch this helps to relieve the computer related tension in your wrists and even stretches your sides.